AVIGNON | LES BAUX DE PROVENCE | ROUSSILLION | GORDES | ORANGE
While in the picturesque region of Provence, France, discover the flavour and freshness of the finest produce, seafood and Côtes du Rhône wines. Visit Provençal markets and meet charming locals while taking cooking classes with professional chefs and touring the historical and picturesque towns.
- Self-tour of Avignon at your own pace
- Full-day tour of Provence
- Two cooking classes with chef and lunch
- Tour of Orange and Chateauneuf du Pape with wine tasting
- Total 6 nights accommodation in Avignon
- All private transfers; touring and entrance fees as per itinerary
- Continental breakfast daily
- Hotel taxes and service charges
International airfare not included. Minimum 2 passengers travelling together.
Some tour schedules vary based on seasonality. Not valid during trade shows, Bank holidays and other special events. Blackout periods may apply.
Rates are subject to availability at time of booking.
Tour Code: EU0815B
AVIGNON Arrival in Avignon, famous for its unique historical heritage; a great location from which to discover Provence. Private transfer to your hotel and check-in.
AVIGNON After breakfast, enjoy your day to discover Avignon at your own pace with tickets for the Pope’s Palace, Pont d’Avignon, the fabled bridge and for wine tasting at a wine shop including three wines. Return to your hotel and enjoy dinner on your own.
Day 3 Breakfast / Lunch
COOKING CLASS After breakfast, enjoy a shared cooking class in Avignon with an English-speaking chef in his charming restaurant. During the aperitif, enjoy a lesson on how to pair wine with meals, Have lunch with the chef and an informal chat about the course. Afternoon at leisure.
PROVENCE TOUR After breakfast, join a shared full-day tour with an English-speaking guide to discover sights including St. Remy de Provence (photo stop), the medieval village Les Baux de Provence, and Pont du Gard. Enjoy a panoramic tour to discover Luberon, one of the most beautiful hilltop villages in Provence; also visit Roussillion, Gordes and the Lavender Museum.
Day 5Breakfast / Lunch
MARKET VISIT, COOKING CLASS Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Meet your chef at the local market and enjoy a cooking class in his professional kitchen. The cooking lesson is followed by lunch to taste your creation; three courses with drinks included. Enjoy your afternoon at leisure.
CHATEAUX & DOMAINES After breakfast at the hotel, begin your shared, half-day tour via minibus to Orange to visit the Roman Theatre and Châteauneuf du Pape for wine tasting. Enjoy your afternoon at leisure to rest before your departure home tomorrow.
AVIGNON – HOME After breakfast, transfer to the train station for your departure home.
General Information & Maps
- International or domestic airfare; airport or departure taxes
- Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Reciprocity and/or local taxes if applicable
- Visas required for entry into the country as necessary. Please discuss this with your travel agent to determine your requirements prior to departure.